Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You know your belly is big when . . .

I don't normally post without pics -- but I had three things happen yesterday that I found very humorous (well, now I think they are!) that involve this ever-expanding belly. So, I'm writing them down here before my pregnancy-induced absent mindedness causes me to forget them.

1. First thing in the morning, I was finishing getting dressed, and Joshua says to me, "Whoa, Mommy. Your belly is huge." (thanks, there.) And then, only to add salt in the wound, he runs to the banister and yells down to Kayla, "Kayla, come here, QUICK. Mommy's belly is HUGE." Nice.

2. Monday is my "clothes" laundry day (not to be confused with linen laundry day, towel laundry day -- I know, I'm so Type A). Anyway, I have not particularly been looking forward to Mondays lately b/c the bending over the washer/dryer, folding clothes on the bed, etc. just really does a number on my back. But determined to have a good outlook, I started up the steps with my first load of laundry yesterday morning . . . only to underestimate the room I now need to get through the doorway with the laundry basket/belly. I managed to smash the livin' daylights (yes . . .the livin' daylights) out of my thumb when it got wedged between the basket and the door post. Not a particularly stellar way to start the Monday morning.

3. And finally, I have come up with very detailed instructions for how to change which side I am sleeping on at night. This is usually the saga that plays out:

a. Wake up to discover I am once again sleeping on my back (not good for the baby, I'm told).
b. Straighten legs (causes immense belly pain if legs are bent when I turn . . . don't ask me why)
c. Use elbows to support weight while twisting to either the right or left (that depends on which side seems to be better with the heartburn that particular night).
d. Once facing the correct way, fumble around in the dark to find various pillows needed (one for knees, one for under belly)
e. While trying to fall asleep, determine whether a trip to the bathroom was needed, or whether it can wait to the next awakening.
f. Repeat steps a-e at least every 30 minutes.
g. Wake up feeling rested, rejuvenated, and rarin' to go!

OK - maybe just a tad too sarcastic, but just being real! I'll post more "big belly" revelations as I think of them . . . stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Love the you know when your belly is big stories!! keep them coming!

The Trendy Family said...

Love the stories they were great!

Tina said...

Lisa, this is really making me laugh. I'm reliving my past pregnancies! And thanking God I won't be reliving it anymore! Take care and enjoy your time with 2 for now!

Anonymous said...

For those of us in PA, we need some more pics of this belly! You are too funny, Lisa! :)