Saturday, March 28, 2009

Big Belly #5

I had quite the realization this morning that I thought was blog worthy . . .

Joshua was sitting on Bryan's lap and Bryan made the comment "Wow, Joshua I can tell you weight X pounds -- you're really heavy." (I guess for fun last night, he weighed him). And then it hit me . . . Joshua's weight is EXACTLY equal to the weight that I have gained during this pregnancy according to the dr.'s scales yesterday. Wow. That would probably explain the back issues, waddling, etc. Sobering. (For the record though, my weight gain is the same this pregnancy as with the other two -- just felt it necessary establish that little detail).

Saw the dr. yesterday and we are scheduled for an induction on Tuesday . . . I can't wait. Of course, if the baby comes sooner, that's fine too. He wasn't overly concerned with the ginormous numbers of the sono estimate -- it really put my mind at ease. Stay posted.

One more cute thing . . . last night we watched the KU game against M. State. The whole game, Joshua kept forgetting which "color" we were (KU was wearing blue). After the game was over and KU had lost, Bryan tucked him in and Joshua said, "Daddy, next time, the blue guys should take all of the white guys and put them in a big box. Then, the blue guys can make all of the baskets." What a concept!

4 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Thanks for the update!! I loved Joshua's comments on the basketball game!!! Too cute!

Karis said...

Wow -- Tuesday! Yay!

What an interesting thought about Joshua's weight now and what you gained during pregnancy. When Kayla passed that mark, that thought never once entered my mind. I bet it will when Krista gets there, though, now that you've mentioned.

Wow -- Tuesday! Yay!

Oh and Kristen sent me a cute picture of Megan wearing a Jayhawks cheerleader outfit for the game. James and Kristen had given it to Kayla. Then Krista wore it and then I passed it on to Megan which Kristen loved!

The Varner Crew said...

Speaking of sobering... If I was to carry both boys at the same time, our combined weight would equal what I weighed at the end of each pregnancy!
I'm excited to hear about the arrival of the new Nelson baby!

Elaine Bendinsky said...

Thanks so much for posting pictures, Lisa! You look GREAT! All belly! :)

We (the ladies in the office) are praying for you today!