Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just another week . . .

Joshua is still in the thick of his "machine/rocket/sword building phase" so I thought I'd post some of this handiwork. Keep in mind, however, that after working most of the morning on a project, he will keep it that way about 7.5 minutes before destroying it for something cooler and bigger. (Usually involves fire and shooting of some kind . . .what can I say . . .he's a boy)

This started as a trophy . . . (I think). . .

. . . and then it was no longer a trophy. Not exactly sure what this item was/is called . . .

I just have to keep reminding myself that I would much rather be cutting duck/electrical/scotch/masking/gaff tape for the 87th time that day, than having him glued to the TV/computer . . .right???? It is pretty cool, though, to see his imagination in full swing. Side note -- definitely gets those creative genes from Bryan!

We went to Sonic last week (had a coupon for FREE LARGE SONIC BLAST -- YUM!-- of course we split it -- we're too cheap!) and while the kids were at the playland thing, Kayla had a slight "wardrobe" malfunction. Her pants were down around her knees -- we couldn't help but laugh at the predicament and take pictures! I know, terrible parents!

Just gettin' the bouncy seat broken in for the new baby . . .
(2 1/2 weeks to go . . hopefully no more)

Yes, I think they took "smiling" lessons from the same teacher . . .


Yesterday it was 80 degrees outside, and we had our lunch outside on the swing set, picnic style. It was A LOT of fun -- just a nice change of pace for everyone! The reality that my days with only two kids are numbered is starting to sink in -- Lord help me to treasure every moment of every day.


Kayla can now officially go down the slide herself -- she's pretty proud of her accomplishment!

Is that my baby taking up half of length of the slide???? . . . holy cow.

1 comment:

The Trendy Family said...

Love the pics of the kids! They are so big!!!! I love watching kids create stuff out of anything around the house.