Saturday, October 04, 2008

Trip to IN/Chicago

Several weeks ago, Bryan and I went to a GREAT conference in Granger, IN. (Check it out on his blog: (www.verticalresonator.blogspot.com). Between the conference ending in IN and checking out several others churches in the Chicago area, we had some "down time" one afternoon. So, we stopped at the dunes -- very cool. I had never been there before, although Bryan had.

We weren't exactly in hiking attire, so we didn't explore a ton, but it was nice to walk around for a bit.

This was SUPPOSED to be a parking lot, but they had torrential rain the previous week, and the parking lot got morphed into modern art. Nice, eh? As a side note, becuase of all of the rain, parts of 80/90 were closed when we first arrived and so the trip from Midway, Chicago to South Bend took 6 HOURS instead of 90 MINUTES. I just kept thinking, "I am so glad we don't have the kids!" -- on yeah, forgot to mention that mom kept the kiddos for 5 days. It was AWESOME! However, we were really ready to get home the last day or two -- we missed them!

Before we caught the flight downtown, we visited "Mileneum Park" -- very, very cool. The weather was perfect and except for the absolutely exhorbent parking fees, it was a perfect hour downtown!

Shot from "under" the kidney bean!


This was some kind of outdoor ampitheatre -- cool architecture!

I didn't end up with a good pic of this -- from a distance these towers have faces on them that spray water out of them -- but up close really doesn't do it justice! We had a great time, but were definetely ready to be back!

PS -- I would like to thank my husband for showing me how to post more than 5 pics at a time . . . after 4 years of blogging, I am no longer constrained by just 5 pics per post!

No comments: