Saturday, October 04, 2008

Family Fun Last Weekend

Once again, I am a week behind . . . and since my Type A personality does NOT allow me to get "out of order" I will try and catch up! Last weekend, we loaded up the bikes to a nearby bike trail -- I might add that this is the FIRST outing like this of the summer as ALL, I repeat, ALL of the time has been spent working in the basement.

Anyway, moving along . . . it was a big deal for Joshua because it was the first time he got to ride his bike instead of riding in the trailer with Kayla. As long as Bryan was in front, and I was behind him, he actually did ok -- well, the sudden stops always get my blood pressure going!

As a side note, we discovered on the way home that we did NOT have to remove the front wheels of the bikes -- they actually fit in the back of the van as is. Kind of funny -- guess you had to be there!


Kayla did NOT understand that we had to DRIVE in order to ride bikes -- can you tell she wasn't amused????


On the way there, we saw a Jeff Gorden car at Dillons -- nice little side benefit!


The kids LOVED the merry-go-round . . .man, I just CAN NOT ride those things anymore. Instant sickness. Bryan took one for the team and rode with them for a bit!!

The boys!


Kayla has "graduated" to a big girl swing -- she just gets frustrated when we don't push her as high as when she's in the "baby" swing! And yes, she normally hangs on with both hands -- don't lose sleep, grandmas!

1 comment:

Karis said...

I just read the big news on Bryan's blog. How are you feeling?!? Congratulations.