Friday, October 31, 2008

All in a Thursday afternoon!

We had quite an exciting afternoon on Thursday . . .well, not that exciting! I guess the fire dept. was doing some kind of testing on the hydrants. It was still fun to see a fire truck in front of the house, though!

Wow -- would you look at that??? The kids were pretty enthralled.

And then . . .since the weather was just beautiful outside, Joshua opted NOT to take a nap, and Kayla opted to be done with her nap by 1:45 . . . I decided that it was A PERFECT DAY to make a Sonic Happy Hour run! Wah-hoo! I spent $1.07 for a Route 44 Lemon Berry Slush (No, I didn't eat all of it -- I brought cups for the kids!) and am happy to report I still have $5.42 left on my gift card from my birthday. Folks, that's FIVE, count 'em FIVE trips to Happy Hour! Extra Big Wa-hoo!


Joshua was delighted there was another boy his age there -- he is very "bored" now when it is only Kayla and/or Mommy!

And, this was a monumental day -- Joshua went down the Sonic slide by himself. After he went down he said, "Wow, that wasn't scary."

Kayla was just glad to be along for the ride! The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time doing something a little spontaneous and unplanned. (Very hard for a Type A to do)!

1 comment:

Karis said...

Happy Hour at Sonic! Gift cards to sweeten the deal even more! Type A personality being flexible! I love it!