Saturday, February 28, 2009

5 weeks to go . . .

Actually the title of this post has NOTHING to do with the pics, but right now that is how my brain is wired!!!! Last Saturday, we had the chance to zip down to my dad's parents and spent an extended afternoon there. The kids took good naps on the way down, we had a good visit, and Kayla only cried (screamed, actually) for 1 hour on the way home! It was a great day, though! OK, the pic above . . . my uncle/aunt who live nearby have this domesticated deer who chills out in their yard. So, we just HAD to check it out -- pretty unreal, eh?


It's been a long while since I've had a meal at G/G's -- so many memories of when we were younger and there were about 20 cousins there at the same time! Good times!


Great Grandpa, Joshua (sorry about the picking of the nose shot),
Great Grandma, and Kayla


Yep -- grandma actually played Mario Cart. The funny part? Joshua explained it to her b/c she has never played it before. Go Grandma!


AWANA had their grand prix this past week -- and yours truly managed to have dead camera batteries during the event, so this is it for pics. Let's just say that we didn't exactly bring home a trophy for speed or design, but I GUARNTEE you that we would have taken home the "Most-Loved" trophy -- hands down! Joshua's car was thoroughly tested against kitchen cabinets, baseboard trim, and down the steps!


Joshua is still in his "I'm gonna make something out of everything mode" -- it's great. I've gotten so I get out the "craft box" at 7:30 am (no kidding) and don't put it away from the kitchen table until 5:15 -- b/c it is ALWAYS in use! So, yesterday I looked in the living room and saw the following items just chillin' -- all products of this week's creativity! Above is a laptop (a cereal box flattened, taped "inside out" and a keyboard image printed/taped on. (mama's contribution)
This contraption is supposed to be like quad drums. The paper plates started as "big eyes", then morphed into "quad drums" and then Joshua informed me that Uncle Ryan's drums were MUCH BIGGER than just two drums, so we added a third drum.

This would be a bird house -- I don't remember where the cardboard came from! A side note . . . all of his projects are thoroughly taped for stability . . . scotch tape just doesn't cut it. Must use duct tape.


We started transferring our ancient VHS footage onto DVD today, and we saw a few minutes of the cruise we went on for our Honeymoon. One of the clips showed the "towel" animals and Joshua was fascinated. So, Bryan looked it up on YouTube and viola . . . an elephant out of an towel!


We actually got a little snow today (little, meaning no more than 2 inches!) and the kids were just DYING to play in it. I know -- you people up north are probably just rolling your eyes about now! I don't know what the deal is, but Kayla LOVES these glasses -- she asked for them today before we went out -- and ironically, they were still in the diaper bag from Thurs. when we went to the park WITHOUT COATS ON. Gotta love KS weather!


Joshua's snow removal instrument of choice . . . a toilet plunger, of course.
What else would you use???

2 comments:

Karis said...

What a great post. A meal at Grandpa and Grandma's house! I remember many, many a times there with you. You were the cousin I was the closest too, and I remember we would go away and talk and catch up. I hope my girls get to know their cousins like I got to have great times with you.

Love all the creative craft projects! I am so impressed with the creativity at such a young age.

Love the toilet plunger in the snow! That was so funny.

5 weeks to go! Wow!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

I bet Grandma and Grandpa loved having you guys over at their house! There are so many memories that we as cousins do have there!!! Good times! Enjoyed the pictures as well. Your kids are so cute!