Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing too new . . .

Nothin' too new, but thought I'd post a few pics. We celebrated my sister's b-day last week . . . Happy 27th little sister! (For the record, she MUCH prefers the angel food cake UN-frosted!)


Joshua has been in a "Mr. Tangible" mode lately -- these paper plates started as huge eyes. Then, with some yarn around his neck attached to the plates, they became like quad drums! So fun to see his imagination at work!


Last weekend, he and Bryan spent some high quality bonding time working on his AWANA grand prix car. Joshua wanted a "Larry Boy" car -- so Bryan psuedo-carved the shape (without a vice!) and then turned Joshua loose with markers to "decorate" the car! We'll keep you posted this next week after the big race!


SO . . . this would have been the "not-highlight" of this past week. When the kids were being WAY TOO QUIET while I was preparing lunch, I went upstairs to find this in my bathtub. Usually, I have them "help" me clean up the mess as part of their punishment, but I figured they would get way too much joy out of the process. (Kid shaving cream + water + 4-year old boy . . . hmmmm) So, they sat in corners while I (with my oh-so-not-small-belly) cleaned the mess up.

So . . . as I was talking with Joshua about the bad choice of making the mess, Kayla comes up with something on her pointy finger. I say, "Kayla -- what is that?" (She has been quite fascinated lately with picking her nose, so I COMPLETELY expected her to say, "burger.") No . . . instead she says "Poopy." For real.

So . . . I postponed my "conversation" with Joshua, took care of Kayla's little "issue" and then went downstairs to finish preparing lunch. Fast forward 30 minutes. We had just finished lunch, and Joshua runs in saying"Mommy . . . Kayla has a bloody nose." I only wish he had been kidding.

I think the nap/quiet time that day was the most-celebrated nap of the entire month!!!!!


You know how I said Joshua has been into "making" things . .. well, he made a "picnic table" with the vacuum box and his blankie. (Yesterday when he made it, it was complete with duct tape -- today it was just the blankie!). So, we had our traditional Friday cinnamon rolls (from a can, ya know) picnic style!

That's when being mommy is SOOO worth even days with shaving cream, poopie fingers, and bloody noses!

1 comment:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

I love these stories...of course they may not be too fun for you at the time huh? Nice pictures as well. You sure are busy, but it looks like you do a great job!