Monday, February 18, 2008

Fun in the Snow

Doesn't Bryan just look thrilled to be shoveling the driveway????


Joshua thinks it's the greatest thing to have snow! Yesterday morning (Sunday) we had to be in the van by 6:45 am and it had snowed during the night. When I lifted the garage door, I hear "Wow -- Look at the Snow!" Only through the eyes of a 3-year old would one be excited about snow at 6:45am on Sunday morning!!!! I must say, though, it was beautiful driving in!


We felt it was fundamentally necessary to have at least ONE snowman during the winter. So -- Bryan stepped up to the plate . . . hey, someone had to stay inside with Kayla, right?


The finished product . . . so glad you have your mower handy, Joshua! I'm sure it came in handy helping daddy build the snowman!

One other cute story today . . . we were at Wal-mart and the greeter told us that they were giving away balloons. So, I promised Joshua that if we didn't have any fits in the store (quite an accomplishment at this stage) that he could have a balloon. He was an angel and as promised, we got a blue balloon for him and a pink one for Kayla. I SECURELY tied the ribbon to their respective coats and then we left the store. As soon as we stepped outside, Kayla's balloon completely flew off -- not the part I tied, mind you, but the connection between the ribbon and the balloon. I figured we would be ok to keep going and 20 seconds later, the same thing happened with Joshua's balloon -- the string was still tied to his coat, but the balloon was gone. Needless to say, we had a HUGE meltdown and it was going to be disastrous to go back into the store. So, in the van, between crying spells, we were talking about how the balloon went into the sky and I said, "Joshua, it went up in the clouds . . .I don't think you can jump that high." To which he replied, "Jesus can get my balloon for me, ok?"

You just have to smile at their innocence, don't you?

No comments: