Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This was our princess and our rocket! Joshua wasn't overly thrilled with "mommy" making his costume . . . I'm afraid those days might be numbered :(. But, he did like the "fire" at the bottom! Kayla begged to be a princess from the get-go . . . recognize the white part of the princess dress???? Yep . . it's her "flower girl" dress from B/C's wedding in August. I realized we might as well make it into a princess dress she can wear around just for fun!

This was our church's Trunk or Treat -- the weather was great!


This is Joshua and one of his buds from church . . Joshua was a rocket and his friend was an astronaut . . . and no, they didn't plan it!

This was Joshua's preschool Halloween "program." He still loves his preschool!

Just saying "hi" during the "costume parade."


So, because we had a change of plans last night, I realized this morning (Sat). that if our pumpkins were going to get carved before Halloween, it had to happen today . . . and Bryan had to be gone all day. (Welcome light show season!). Note: Bryan is the "carver-in-residence" -- I STINK at carving pumpkins. So, being resourceful, I found some templates online to use (I'm thinking triangle eyes, etc). But before I could "edit" the possibilities . . .Joshua sees this spider one and INSISTS we have to carve a spider. So -- gave it a try . . .
I think it served it's purpose. I was going to carve one for each -- but when I picked up the second pumpkin from the porch . . it was a bit, um, soggy shall we say. A day or two past its prime. So, we just went with one, and Kayla seemed to be ok with it.

And, not to be excluded, here's our "little" pumpkin . . . 7 months old today!

2 comments:

The Varner Crew said...

Hey Lisa,
Great pix. Looks like you had a lot of fun this Halloween.

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Very cute pictures!!