Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving 08

OK . . . I just realized as I was looking at these pics, that I didn't get a single decent picture of the actual "dinner" -- so instead you get to see everything BUT the dinner!!!! Since my family wasn't getting together until Friday, the four of us spent THE ENTIRE DAY (except for my 8am CVS run) at home -- it was great!


Kayla -- always our comedian!


We got most of the Christmas decorations up -- nice to have that done!

Funny how the tree always ends up a little "bottom heavy" with ornaments . . .!



The FAVORITE thing to get out of the Christmas tubs was this house thing plays music and has blinking lights . . .
. . so most of the day, we heard the same 30-second sound byte being played! I should mentioned that about 30 seconds after this picture, Kayla totally WIPED OUT on the ceramic tiles with her socks on -- and got a super fat lip. Bummer. Now she specifically asks to take her socks off before playing the blinking light house!


I made the rolls for our family Thanksgiving -- Joshua told Bryan "Man . . . there's like hundreds of rolls!" (For the record, I think there were about 8 left after the meal was over -- big dinner!)

Since my brother and his wife were in town, we all headed to a very "family-friendly" eating establishment -- the kids loved it!


Aunt Bem and "Hen-ee" (pronunciation according to Kayla!)


Steve and Freya

2 comments:

Karis said...

Whaddya get in your CVS run? I sure miss those good times.

All my family said they had a great time with all of you guys. I knew they would. I am so thankful we were around for last New Year's and 4th of July. Great times. Kristen is my best detail person. She told me about you saying, "You got dirt on your pants, Dr. Bob." She had forgotten about the Dr. Bob thing and got a good kick out of that memory.

She also told me about how you mentioned that Kayla's formula had been as much as your weekly grocery budget now -- $40 a week or $200 a month or something like that. Rebecca chimed in that she had just spent $200 at Walmart yesterday, and Stephen asked her what she had bought because he thought there still wasn't much food in the house. It was fun for me to hear because knowing you guys I could hear the conversation play out like I was there.

So when do we get to see a belly pic? Kristen and my mom said you are adorably cute.

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???