Monday, November 24, 2008

Keepin' it real

Just thought I'd share a few pics from the last week or so -- just everyday, routine things . . .yet things that I hope I never forget!

I looked in the bathroom this morning to see Kayla brushing her baby's "teeth" -- toothpaste and all!


Yesterday, Joshua was coloring with stencils at the table while I was picking up in the living room. He called to me "Mom, look at my picture. It's the Christmas light show!" Holy cow -- for those of you have seen the light layout, the stars along the top are where the colored snowflakes are. And, Joshua informed me that the banners are supposed to be the rolling snowscapes -- can you tell our family has been eating, thinking, breathing Christmas light show??? Joshua is SOOO pumped!


Disclaimer: I do not normally have dumped out suitcases on the floor . . . I guess the kids felt the need to "unpack" from Grandma and Grandpa's before the suitcase made it upstairs.

Anyway, on Sat. night, the Lawrence Welk show was on (hey, when you don't have cable, options are a little limited!!!!) and Joshua was imitating the tap dancer -- cracked me up!


Earlier in the day on Saturday was homemade pizza -- this is what you get when you say "Say Cheese!"

I wanted to make an advent calendar with activity pockets for the kids, so when I saw this canvas on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $1, I decided the kids would have fun painting it. Joshua claimed it would be eaiser to go "shirtless" than to put on a scrappy big T-shirt . . . ok, whatever!


Kayla thought it was great -- and yes, she got more on her sleeve, than on the canvas! Fun times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where you come from!