Monday, August 27, 2007

Very Random PIcs

We have really great neighbors . . . and one of Joshua's favorites is Matt who lives across the street. Last week, he "rigged" up a way to pull Joshua's wagon!


OK . . . Bryan went online and saw some website that instructed you how to build a kite yourself dirt cheap. It uses plastic grocery bags and straws . . . and can you believe it . . . the thing actually flies! Amazing!


Last weekend we had a real treat . . . Jerry and Loreen were passing through the great state of KS and stopped by for an evening! They were even able to park their RV in front of the house!


Kayla's not exactly in a "overly friendly toward strangers" mode right now . . . so this was pretty amazing!


And for all you interested parties . . . uh . . . yeah . . . we're still working on the potty thing!

1 comment:

Karis said...

I'm just about to start potty training Kayla the day after Labor Day -- I think -- unless I put it off again. I really don't want to start the hassle for my sake, but that's laziness and selfishness so we may as well see where we can get in the next eight weeks before the baby is due. We got her a potty chair for her birthday which I've let her sit on as she so chooses for the past couple of weeks, and we went shopping today and she picked out big girl panties. Elmo won out over Dora. We also got some fun stickers of Dora and Pooh at the Dollar Tree for a potty chart that is yet to be made. Now comes the hard part -- being consistent in taking her and I'm not sure what all else. The books say not to start until they are compliant and not so "in the twos" (my interpretation), but she hasn't been compliant since she was just a few weeks old so I hesitate to wait until her determined spirit and strong will has passed. If you have any tips or advice, please let me know!