Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Piano Recital

Several weeks ago, I had my first piano recital in Kansas City!  I had a couple students who did not participate since they had JUST started a few weeks previously and I also have a few adult students that I never make participate.  For many of these students, it was their first recital -- and I did my best to make it as casual and relaxes as possible!  They all did great.

Joshua

Kayla

And . ..  me and mama:)  I almost always play a piece myself at a recital -- because that's about the only motivation I have to practice, and I think it's good for the students to see their teacher have to do the same thing they are doing!  But, since a violin student at William Jewell had asked me to play a recital for her that included some really hairy 20th century pieces, I just flat didn't have enough practice time to do both, so I asked mom to come and play one of our good ole' standby duets!  


And just for giggles -- this was what Tyler filled out when the school counselor talked to his class about future career aspirations:)  "I want to be batman tyler."  "I would be good at that to sav pepl." (save people!)

No comments: