Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy summer!


I love his smile!


Last week, we went to the zoo and Kayla got up close and personal with the cat!


The train ride that followed . . .


Tyler's first train ride made a huge impression . . .


Yes . . .that would be the "gun" my son made out of a corn cob . . .


For all you PA people . . . look what I bought at our grocery store last week! I was ecstatic!


Celebrating another potty training milestone . . . we're gettin' there, folks!


OK, so tonight we went on a bike ride. While we were out, we saw 3 hot air balloons. Bryan got the idea that we should "chase" them -- so, we went back home and all got in the van.

We went about a mile and realized they were actually coming towards our neighborhood.


The one balloon finally landed in a field about a mile away.


Puttin' it all away! The funny thing is that on our way back home, we realized that the 3rd balloon actually landed IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. Like . . . on a street about 3 blocks away from our house. Crazy. Bryan was pretty bummed we didn't see that landing. I must say, it was a good, spontaneous, un-planned family activity! (Can you tell I'm TYPE A???)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Turkey Hill in Kansas? I miss that stuff!

Jennie said...

The kids are getting so big! Miss you guys!

Hyla said...

Aww... this stuff is priceless, Vern! Miss you!!

Karis said...

The kids are so cute! They are growing up so quickly.

It was so good to see you at the wedding! I was thinking about trying to come out and see you guys one day, but I haven't felt well at all (see blog). Sigh.. :-)