Friday, April 17, 2009

Great Grandma and Grandpa's 70th Anniversary

Last weekend, the kiddos and I did something a little crazy . . . we went to St. Louis to celebrate grandma and grandpa's 70th anniversary with other extended family members. A little crazy, I know. At first I wasn't even going to consider going -- Tyler was a whoppin' 11 days old. But then, the more I thought about it, I realized that not many have a chance to celebrate something like this, and since Tyler and I were doing ok, figured we should take advantage of it. So, the whole fam went to St. Louis. My mom and dad drove with me and the kiddos -- no way would I have tried it by myself! SO, this is my Grandma and Grandpa -- 70 years is a long time, eh?


My cousin Christy was a HUGE help with J & K -- and Kayla seemed to quite enamored with her!
-Joshua spending quality time with family -- hey, anyone who will help him build legos is a good friend!

This is some of the great grandkids -- there were 11 greats there.

-Joshua was especially thrilled to play with one of my cousin's kids -- like Joshua, he is "all boy!" They kept things lively!


Kayla finding some eggs. (yes, we had an egg hunt in the church sanctuary . . . why????)


This was the Varner family represented. Bryan (my hubby) wasn't there -- it's a little hard to miss Easter Sunday when you're a Worship Arts pastor! Also, my brother Steve and his family weren't there -- he's an accountant and April 12 was just a few days shy of April 15th! We missed them, but completely understood!


This is G/G and all of their children. It was good to see my uncle from AZ.


Great Grandma and Grandpa on Easter Sunday -- they were married between the Sunrise service regular Easter Service 70 years ago at the church parsonage . . .and then Grandma played the organ for the service!


Joshua and Grandma -- had lots of bonding time, eh??


Great Grandma and Tyler -- I was so glad that he was content for a few minutes so that Grandma could hold him!

It was a great weekend -- exhausting, but so worth it. Happy Anniversary G & G!

2 comments:

Karis said...

Lisa, I'm so glad you went even though I know you had to be so tired. What a wonderful time that must have been.

Hyla said...

Wow! Their 70th anniversary was on Easter, just like their wedding? That's cool. wow... 70 years