Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Times!

Joshua started his first round at swimming lessons this summer! I was SURE that he was NOT going to like it, but he has been a trooper! Still is not crazy about jumping off the board or putting his eyelashes in the water, but he is getting better! Hopefully I'll get some better pics today and tomorrow!


He looks really little in that big pool, doesn't he? While he's floating on his back, he likes to tell his teachers what shapes the clouds are! What a goober!


OK, I am learning that sometimes getting things done in the most efficient manner is NOT the most important thing -- sometimes, or should I say, most times, I just need to slow down let my kids "help" me! That's really hard for Type-A's! Anyway, we got some corn this week that I wanted to freeze and Joshua really enjoys "helping" me shuck the corn! So, even though I'm still picking silk off the garage floor (it was raining that day) we had fun shucking corn together!


Kayla appointed herself the "official corn transporter" from the shucking site to the garage step. For those of you who might eat corn at our house this year . . . relax . . . I thoroughly washed the ears before I cooked them!


Wow -- did you know Smore's could be this messy????

No comments: