Friday, September 28, 2007

End of Summer

We have been deliberating for several years about getting bikes. So, we finally bit the bullet last week and bought these with the main purpose being family time together. As you can see . . . some members of the family aren't completely convinced this is a great idea! We rode tonight for about an hour and Kayla's KIND OF tolerating it -- hopefully that will improve over time!


What a doll!


Last weekend we went to see/hear Ryan's band play for the football game. It was Kayla's first game and did great. With grandma and grandpa there, it's a little breather for Bryan and me . . . we're planning on going every week . . .just kidding!


One of the guys from church was there and Joshua just adores Jacob. We made the comment that Jacob had really big muscles (he had he jersey/football pads on). Well, Joshua isn't the biggest fan of milk and this week I made the comment that milk gives you big muscles. (OK, just go with it, ok?) He immediately said, "Jacob has big muscles. Drink milk." Believe it or not, he has tolerated milk much better this week! Isn't that funny? (and a little deceiving, I know)


OK . . . this really needs a little explaining! One of Ryan's drum line gigs today was for the United Way and one of the "exhibits" was this place you could milk a goat. (For you in PA, this is where you you say, "Only in KS!.") Anyway, I wanted to capitalize on this great learning experience, so Joshua milked a goat. Other members of my family (MOM) thought I was
crazy . . .but hey how many of YOU have milked a goat????

Have a Great Weekend!

2 comments:

Karis said...

What great times! The pull behind the bike thing for the kids looks great and very safe (I'm contrasting it to those seats from 20 years ago that attached to the back of the bikes and just seemed to not be very safe). As the weather cools down, it will be so nice to have some family fun times outdoors. How much extra work is it to pull them?

Milking a goat! That's great. I would've wanted Kayla to have the same experience, but I don't know if she would've been willing (my Kayla -- yours is a little young :-). She loves animals in books, but not always so much in person.

Oh, and as far as the "Milk makes your muscles strong like ___" We need motivators like that in parenting! :-)

Hyla said...

I have not milked a goat. I have fed a baby cow, though... that's pretty cool... yes?
I think it's awesome he got to milk a goat!!