Sunday, October 16, 2011

Doors, doors, and more doors


So . . . way back in Feb. I go the itch to start painting the trim white in our house . . . trim, door james. base board, etc. I knew it was going to be a beast of a project -- and I was right! IT HAS BEEN! Well, now that the door jams are painted white, the "original" white doors just weren't cutting it -- they looked fine in the daylight, but horrendous at night. (in my opinion , anyway). With cooler weather fast approaching, I asked (pleaded, begged) Bryan if he would be game for helping me paint ALL SEVENTEEN, yes SEVENTEEN doors this weekend.



Crazy guy -- he agreed. We had access to a paint sprayer, but had never used one, so we (and especially yours truly) was REALLY hoping it was going to work. We both sides of the garage with plastic to catch the overspray.


We could fit all of them in except one -- lots of doors, eh?


And then Bryan started spraying . . . and it turned out really good! We pulled the doors off hinges at 10am on Friday, and by 10pm, Saturday they were all back on the hinges. 36 hours baby! Woot woot! But, it was a super, super crazy day with tons of unexpected interruptions -- so I would have been fine finishing the install process later, but Bryan was wanting to get it DONE.

This would be our Amelia -- Tyler's best fried in the 'hood right now! I guess he was a little chilly and needed his "dee-dee."

No comments: