Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

I thought my hubby would get a good chuckle for me to wish him a "Happy Anniversary" underneath this picture!!!! We celebrated our 7th anniv. yesterday (holy cow -- where did the time go?). Grandma and Grandpa Varner watched the kids, and we had a great date! How much better does going on a date get than going to Outback and picking out carpet!!!

As for the picture above -- Bryan's slowly but surely getting the sanding done -- that white dust just gets EVERYWHERE in the house! He (and so am I) is really, really ancy to get this "step" done, but is happy with how it is looking so far.


Since both kids were up by 6:30 am on Sunday morning, I thought it would be a splended opportunity to take some pics before church, since usually, we're . .uh . . . a little rushed, to say the least! But, as you can tell, that plan wasn't exactly a smashing success!


OK -- last weekend, Uncle Brian and Jennie stopped by to see the astounding progress on the basement and on their way out, Brian created a "connect the dots" for Joshua -- the first one he had done (yeah, I know, I'm failing as a mom). Anyway, look closely and the connection between 2-3 and 3-4 . . . we thought it was quite humorous! I guess next time we need to clarify that the line needs to be as straight as possible!


Um . . . yeah . . . those are band-aids. Last night at G/G's, while Mom was putting Kayla to bed, Joshua managed to find the band-aid box and meticulously applied highly "medically unnecessary" band-aids to his leg. You do have to marvel at his exactness, though, don't you??

And, speaking of Joshua antics . . . we have been watching lots of the Olympics -- including the gymnastics last week. Well, several days ago, he and I were making sugar cookies, which involved flouring the pastry cloth before rolling the dough. Well, I let him get some flour and HELLO, he grabbed like 1 1/2 cups of flour -- we definitely didn't have any stickage problems. OK, fast forward to that evening after dinner. I said, "Joshua, you wanna watch some Olympics tonight?" He said, "Yeah -- just like when we made cookies." I was so confused . . . and then it hit me. The gymnast use that chalk stuff for their hands . . . Joshua grabbed all of that flour for the cookies . . . how in the world does his 3-year old mind make that connection????

It's times like that I am SOOO glad I have the chance to be at home with my kiddos to share those memories! (I will need to be reminded of that later this afternoon when I am going crazy!) Hope you all have a great week -- don't stay up too late watching the Olympics!

No comments: